There has been a resort on this property since the 1950’s, when it was a very rustic fishing camp, with no running water or electricity.The resort property is 6.5 acres of deeded land, including 500 feet of lake frontage. The resort is accessed from Highway 20 (300 km west of Williams Lake BC), and is 4 km from the highway, at the end of Nimpo Creek Road, a town road, maintained by the road maintenance crews. The resort is half-way between the villages of Nimpo Lake and Anahim Lake.
The lake has always been renowned for great wild rainbow trout fishing and pristine conditions. It has often been in Fly Fishing magazines and programs. Nimpo Lake Resort sits at the end of the North Arm of the lake, which is a quiet, peaceful bay. The lake is 7 km long and 80-90 feet deep at the deepest point. There are many species of water-fowl in summer including Loons, ducks, geese and swans. The famouse Dean River, runs from Nimpo Lake to the coast.
Bella Coola, in the Great Bear Rain Forest, is just 2 hours drive to the west. There is world class salmon fishing in the rivers there, plus great bear watching opportunities. Many resort guests go down for day trips or do the “Circle Tour” on BC Ferries: from Port Hardy on Vancouver Island, to Bella Coola, and up through the Chilcotin, staying with us on their way.
Nimpo Lake Resort is a thriving business. Many of our guests have been coming every year for many years and have become friends. We often have to turn guests away, because we are fully booked. Pre-Covid, we had many international guests every summer, from all parts of the world. Even with Covid Restrictions, keeping to guests from BC Only, we stayed very busy the summer of 2020, which safety measures in place.
Pioneer Log Homes from Williams Lake (TV program The Timber Kings) built several buildings on the resort property.
- All Furnishings in the cabins including Bed Linens, towels, kitchen wares and small appliances
- All Resort Cleaning supplies and back-up cabin supplies
- 1 – 18 foot Pontoon Boat, with 35 hp mercury motor and electric trolling motor
- 5 – aluminum fishing boats (12 and 14 foot) with the following motors:
- 2–stroke: 2 Johnson 9.9 hp; 1 Johnson 20 hp; 1 Johnson 35 hp 1 Evinrude 6 hp; 1 Evinrude 4 hp,
- 4-stroke: 1 New Suzuki 9.9 hp
- 4 – electric trolling motors
- All equipment in the Fish house, including pump for water, refrigerator, and boat supplies. Assorted paddles, oars, and a large number of life jackets in all sizes.
- John Deer 100 series Riding Mower
- Yardworks gas lawn mower
- 3 Electric weed whackers and brush cutters
- Yamaha 400 ATV 4×4
- 2 Yardworks electric wood splitters
- 2 chain saws, 1 Husquavarna and 1 Stihl
- miscellaneous garden tools, shovels, rakes, etc
- miscellaneous green house supplies
- miscellaneous plumbing /electrical supplies & tools
- assorted pipe, wire, and building materials
- New, Electric Water Weed-Cutter and Rake
- 1993 Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck 3/4 ton for hauling firewood/ dump runs
- OPTIONAL: There are many shop tools and electric tools available to purchase, plus a 2017 Smokercraft speed boat with 60 hp Yamaha 4 stroke motor. Much of the residence furnishings may be purchased, so that a new owner could move in without having to replace it.
REASON FOR SELLING AND FUTURE REVENUE OPPORTUNITIES: We have enjoyed the past 12 years as owner/operators of the resort, however, we are ready to retire. This was already a post-retirement endeavour, so now it is time for another chapter in our lives.
The Resort has been a viable business, running continually since the 1950s. It has a solid reputation and many returning guests. We have built up the business to a higher standard and have put in a lot of energy and work into promoting it. The online presence shows the good guest reviews. The Resort is a member of several tourism associations and online travel sites – Williams Lake Tourism; South Chilcotin Tourism; West Chilcotin Tourism; Quesnel Tourism; Bella Coola Tourism; Cariboo Chilcotin Coast Tourism. This has given the business a strong presence in the outlying regions. Our Pages on Booking.com and Tripadvisor.com have given it a global presence.
The resort has its own Website, which can be transferred to the new owners, to save them from having to create a new one. The web name is a secured and protected name. There is also a resort Facebook page with many “friends” who follow it.
Generally, the regular guests book for the following year when they check out. Many have come back with friends and relatives who then, in turn, become regular guests.
We choose to operate from the May Long Weekend through until the first weekend in October. This is a personal choice giving us the winter off to travel or just relax. A new owner could decide to extend the season, by installing propane heaters in the cabins. They are currently heated with wood and in winter, and it is not feasible to keep the wood heat going constantly if the cabins are not occupied.
There is lots of room for additional development to increase revenues. The existing Campers Cabin could be renovated and bring in more revenue. Also, two more cabins could be added in the current RV area. Cabins bring in a lot more money than campers. If those cabins were built to be winterized, they could be rented year-round, as long-term rentals, or rented to snow mobile enthusiasts in winter. Eventually the former owner’s house will be another good revenue source, once it is available.
A new owner could also opt to add things like ATV tours, hiking tours, or guided fishing for additional revenue, or have more in-house items to sell such as fishing supplies, t-shirts, etc.
Once the “new house” is available, the existing residence could be utilized in other ways if the owners chose to move to the new house. The older house could become a lodge and meals could be served for additional revenue.
We are not concerned if a buyer wishes to use the resort for other purposes, such as a family compound. If it is to continue running as a resort, we are available to assist in the transition of the business and providing guest information and training on operations.
SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY PLEASE. Please contact us if you have your financing in place and are serious about purchasing this property. Owner financing is not available. We will release financial details after contact but will ask for a Non-Disclosure agreement first.