Find Your Business Match!
BUYERS & NEW ENTREPRENEURS
Register today to receive:
- Free business purchase tools & training
- Access to business listings & exclusive unlisted opportunities across BC
- A free personalized Business Match report
- Free, professional business valuation & advisory services
- Free advice, support & business mediation during your purchase
- Connections to community resources & support as you become a new owner
Registrations are open on a continuous basis: Your entrepreneurial dream can start right now!
There Has Never Been a Better Time to Invest in BC
2 out of every 5 business owners in rural and non-metropolitan BC is expected to exit their business in the next 5 years. It's a buyer's market with an abundance of choice and competitive offers throughout the province. At the same time the rising cost of living and its impact on quality of life in large urban centers is leading some residents to start looking for alternatives. We're here to set you up with the right tools and resources to become an entrepreneur and help you get started on your next big (ad)venture.
Doing Business in Unexpected Places
There are advantages to be had! When you buy a business in non-metro BC instead of starting new, the odds are in your favour! You have an automatic connection to customers and suppliers, plus local recognition and easier integration with the community's business resources and social environment. There's also:
- Less competition from other businesses and the chance to corner the market
- Shorter work commutes...or no commutes
- Affordable cost of living
- Good value for marketing (fewer providers, wider reach)
- Proximity to nature and the outdoors
- Living where your impact is felt and makes a difference
- Have you been thinking about starting or buying a business but don't know what options you have?
- Are you tired of your current lifestyle and finding it hard to stay motivated?
- Are you looking for help and advice to guide your entrepreneurial journey?
- Are you considering how you'd fit in with the lifestyle of a non-metro BC community?
- Have you ever wondered how far your dollar could go if you lived in a different community?
Tell me More!
The BC Business Match is open to Canadian residents including New Canadians and Permanent Residents.
Why should I take part?
It's a big decision to relocate and buy a business, especially if you are new to entrepreneurship. Why not receive free, qualified support and advising for every step of the way? Our team has years of experience with business purchases and transitioning owners into their new role. We are a not-for-profit with an interest in serving YOU because when you succeed, so does your community.
Does this cost money?
No, our services are free of charge.
Where are the businesses located?
Businesses are in rural and non-metro BC communities, which excludes the cities of Vancouver and Victoria.
Cost of Living across BC
Using the regions designated by the Canadian Real Estate Association
What's The Big Picture?
BC Business Match is operated by Community Futures, a non-profit organization dedicated to boosting the local economies of rural and non-metro BC through successful business transition and attracting entrepreneurs and their families to relocate to smaller communities.
How it Works
Buyer training is open on a continuous basis and training can start shortly after your registration is received - the pace is up to you!