Tompkins Post & Rail manufactures fence posts and other rails from log ends unused by mills.The business operates from leased premises, and has a complete line of processing equipment.The finished product is always in demand, there are more orders than the business has been able to find raw material supply for.It has employed up to 10 staff and all equipment is included in the sale.
The business has experienced challenges in obtaining local wood inventory and would benefit from an investment in inventory to create a ready supply for customers.
The business is ideal for an owner/operator looking for a great opportunity.The sale includes all equipment.
The major items of equipment include:
● Bucking mill used to cut the logs to length as needed for peeling
● Peeler that is used to peel the raw logs
● Pointer/capper controls and carriage
● Wood chipper
● Firewood saw
● 1997 Hundai Button Top Loader with 24,000 hr
● 1991 IT 18B Caterpillar wheel loader with 22,500 hrs
● 2002 Ford Pickup with 387,000 kms
● Manual pointer/capper for larger posts
● 2003 GMC dump truck with 380,000 km
● Large trailer used for all the electrical, a lunch room and parts
● 1998 John Deere 690E Processor with 27,400 hrs
● Shop trailer used for repairing equipment and storage
● 1996 Komatsu loader with 16,000 hrs